Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Carrot Cake // ❡ SketchSnippet#08

Woops, fell off the wagon there for a few days! Here's a recipe for carrot cake with sultanas, walnuts & carroway seeds... have a feeling that should be carraway, but i've spelt it wrong in the drawring if so, so i'll stick with it! =) In for a penny etc. I'm going to have another look at this and try and make it altogether more legible but for now, here's one I made earlier! (or yesterday) I also made some gingerbread cookies, recipe and photos to follow, any excuse to eat and draw, nyom. This is kind of a Christmassy cake too, as it has mixed spices and the carroway seeds give it a sort of deeper more grown up flavour (whatever this means), so hopefully it will come in handy in the next few weeks for someone =)

4 comments:

  1. I need a larger version so this can be my desktop background.
    Haha special guest carroway seeds? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Erin. Wanna see it bigger. 'A' in CAKE flipped on purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen — nope! At least not if by on purpose you mean for any good or particular reason... =) It's flipped in walnuts too, I guess I was feeling a little *nutty* that day. (oh dear) I'll aim to get a bigger version up soon, although I fear this may only help amplify the many faults in this sketch =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. related: http://www.theydrawandcook.com/2010/12/carrot-sultanas-and-walnuts-cake-by.html

    ReplyDelete